Internship in Spiritual Direction
Spiritual Direction (often called Spiritual Companioning) is a pastoral ministry in which one person of faith assists another, to pay attention to God’s communication, to grow in intimacy with this communicating God, and to stand differently in the world in response to God’s touch in his/her life.
Purpose of the Program
The Internship in Spiritual Direction Provides opportunities for:
1. Personal growth and development as ministers of spiritual direction
2. An understanding of the theological and psychological bases for spiritual direction
3. Enhance communication skills within the context of the spiritual direction ministry
4. Supervised ministry as spiritual directors
Many of the skills developed in the program ca be transferred to other pastoral ministries in which participants are already involved or may be involved in the future.
Woman and men, laity, religious and clergy of all faith traditions who are interested in deepening their understanding of the nature and process of spiritual direction may apply. Applicants should have some background in theology, some experience in pastoral ministry and give evidence of personal maturity. The program has been designed so that full-time pastoral ministers may participate. The maximum number of participants is twelve and the minimum is eight.
1. A Bachelor of Arts degree or its equivalent and transcripts
2. A developing relationship with God and a commitment to journeying in faith
3. An interest in the ministry of spiritual direction
4. Willingness to identify and intern with 2-3 directees
5. A completed application form
6. Three letters of recommendation
7. A personal interview with the program staff
1. Growth and Development in the Spiritual Life
2. Integration of Spirituality and Psychology
3. History of Christian Spirituality
Spiritual Direction Practicum
1. Intern Spiritual Direction Practice
2. Case Studies in Spiritual Direction
3. Individual Supervision
4. Process Skills Development
1. Issues in Spiritual Direction
Participate in the Annual Colloquium for Spiritual Directors and Directed Retreat experience
Tuition and Fees
Application Fee: $75.00 (Non-refundable must accompany the application)
Tuition: $2,500.00 per year (two-year program)
A flexible payment plan can be arranged.
For more Information and an Application Packet e-mail:email@example.com